Terms and Conditions
Australian Regional Media – Win the Ultimate Fishing Adventure
- By entering this competition (‘the competition’), Contestants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- Contestants must be permanent Australian residents to be eligible to enter and reside in the distribution area of their local newspaper (see clause 9 for location and relevant newspaper).
- Entry is open to Queensland and NSW Residents only.
- Contestants must be aged 18 years and over at the time of entry to be eligible.
- If there is any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and anything else that refers to this competition, these Terms and Conditions prevail.
- The Promoter is APN Newspapers Pty Ltd, 5/100 Brookes Street, Fortitude Valley Queensland 4006. ABN 21 009 657 943 Authorised under NSW Permit No. NSW/LTPS/16/10309.
- The competition commences 12:00am AEST Saturday January 28, 2017 and closes 11:59pm (AEST) Friday February 17, 2017 (“Promotion Period”). Entries received outside the promotion period will be deemed invalid.
- Contestants must collect the entry form and two (2) tokens from their local newspaper from Saturday January 28, 2017 with last entry and tokens appearing Friday February 17, 2017.
- Entry forms and tokens must be original newsprint.
- Photocopies, scanned images, web/digital prints, reproductions or other falsified artwork will not be accepted.
- The entry form must be completed in full; then sent or delivered to the Contestant’s local newspaper office (as listed below):
Grafton: Daily Examiner - PO Box 271, Grafton, NSW 2460; or 55 Fitzroy Street, Grafton NSW 2460.
Gympie: Gympie Times - PO Box 394, Gympie Qld 4570; or 44 Nash Street, Gympie Qld 4570;
Ipswich: QT (Queensland Times) - PO Box 260, West Ipswich Qld 4305; or 260 Brisbane Street, West Ipswich Qld 4305.
Lismore: Northern Star - PO Box 423, Lismore NSW 2480, NSW 2480; or 793 Ballina Road, Goonellabah NSW 2480.
Maroochydore: Sunshine Coast Daily - Locked Bag 1113, Maroochydore Qld 4558; or 2 Newspaper Place, Maroochydore Qld 4558.
Toowoomba: The Chronicle – PO Box 42, Toowoomba Qld 43.50; or 109 Neil Street, Toowoomba Qld 4350.
Warwick: Warwick Daily News – PO Box 358, Warwick Qld 4370; or 50 Albion Street, Warwick Qld 4370.
Bundaberg: NewsMail – PO Box 3006, Bundaberg Qld 4670; or 36-38 Woondooma Street, Bundaberg Qld 4670;
Wide Bay: Fraser Coast Chronicle – PO Box 216, Maryborough Qld 4650; or 131 Bazaar Street, Maryborough, Qld. 4650.
Gladstone: Gladstone Observer – PO Box 351, Gladstone Qld 4680; or 130 Auckland Street, Gladstone Qld 4680.
Mackay: Daily Mercury – PO Box 5666, Mackay Mail Centre, Qld 4741; or 1/47 Gordon Street, Mackay Qld 4740.
Rockhampton: The Morning Bulletin - PO Box 397, Rockhampton Qld 4700; or 220 Bolsover Street, Rockhampton Qld 4700.
- Entries must be received within the Promotion Period (see Clause 7).
- Contestants may enter more than once, however, can only win once via their local newspaper.
- There is no cost to enter the competition; however Contestants are responsible for any costs involved when posting or delivering their entry.
- The Promoter takes no responsibility for late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, illegible or misdirected entries or for any delays or failure in any telecommunications service or equipment.
- The Promoter may reject an entry if it reasonably forms the opinion that the Entry has been entered using false information or via automated entry means or by use of a competition entry service.
- The Promoter may, at its absolute discretion, declare an Entry made by a contestant invalid if the contestant tampers with the entry process, benefits from such tampering or submits an Entry that is illegible, incomplete or not in accordance with these terms and conditions.
PRIZES – Win the Ultimate Fishing Adventure
One (1) winner from each newspaper site (a total of 12 winners) will be selected via random draw from all valid entries received at each site. The winners will each receive:
- 2 full day Fishing Charter Vouchers for (two) 2 people with Odyssey Charter, Sunshine Coast, valid for 12 months;
- Fishing Charter Includes morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea plus soft drinks and water
- All fishing tackle, retail value $210.00 each. ($420.00 total).
- Terms and Conditions of Fishing Charter www.odysseycharters.com.au/fishing-tours/
- Flight Centre Travel Voucher for flights and accommodation for 2 people on Sunshine Coast, retail value $1200.00.
- BCF Voucher, retail value $1,000.00.
- Total retail value of each prize is $2,620.00
- Total maximum retail value of Win the Ultimate Fishing Adventure prize pool is $31,440.00 (inclusive of GST).
- Further Terms and Conditions
- The winners will be provided with a Flight Centre Voucher to the value of $1,200.00 to use to book return flights to Sunshine Coast for themselves and their travelling companion.
Costs of flights over and above the $1,200.00 Flight Centre Voucher are the responsibility of the winner and their travelling companion.
- Any additional flights and accommodation bookings are at the expense of the winner and their travelling companion.
- The prize is for two (2) people as specified and the inclusions stated in these terms and conditions and does not include any further accommodation, meals, beverages, trips, excursions or Mini Bar purchases.
- The winner is responsible for transport from their home destination to their local airport and back.
- The winner and their companion must travel at the same time and the prize cannot be split.
- All prizes are valued inclusive of GST and the Promoter takes no responsibility for any variation in item values.
- The travelling companion of the winner must be at least 18 years of age.
- Any taxes that may apply to the winning of this prize are the responsibility of the winner.
- The winner is responsible for any incidentals or anything charged to their accommodation.
- Prizes are non-transferable and can’t be redeemed for cash.
- If the specified prize becomes unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter may substitute a prize of similar nature and/or like or greater value.
- The following persons are ineligible to enter. Contestants must be 18 years of age and over to be eligible to enter.
- Employees of, or contractors to, the Promoter as far as they are directly associated with this competition;
- The spouse, de facto spouse, parent, natural or adopted child, and sibling (whether natural or adopted by a parent), of such employees and contractors (whether or not they live in the same household);
- Contestants who have used or attempted to use any more than one name in order to qualify to win any contest run by the Promoter except in the case of a legal change of name.
- All Contestants acknowledge that even if the Promoter only learns of a person’s ineligibility after the Promoter has appeared to award the prize to the ineligible person, it may require the return of the prize or payment of its value to the Promoter to be dealt with as an unclaimed prize.
- The prize winners will be selected via random draws at each of the listed newspaper offices (see Clause 11) at 11:00am (AEST) Wednesday February 22, 2017 and prizes awarded following winner validation and verification. Winners will be contacted by telephone.
- Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winner’ details will be published in each of the 12 newspaper Public Notices on Saturday February 25, 2017 (See listing at Clause 34).
- All Contestants acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to publicise and publish his/her name, character and likeness.
- All contest winners must avail themselves for a photo if required by the Promoter and acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to utilise publicity photos in any reasonable manner it sees fit without compensation to the Contestant.
- Winners will be published in the following newspapers:
- Grafton: Daily Examiner
- Gympie: Gympie Times
- Ipswich: QT (Queensland Times)
- Lismore: Northern Star
- Maroochydore: Sunshine Coast Daily
- Toowoomba: The Chronicle
- Warwick: Warwick Daily News
- Bundaberg: NewsMail
- Maryborough/Hervey Bay: Fraser Coast Chronicle
- Gladstone: Gladstone Observer
- Mackay: Daily Mercury
- Rockhampton: The Morning Bulletin
- Prizes must be claimed in person from the winner’s local newspaper office unless winners are otherwise advised and Government issued Photo ID is required for residency and identity purposes.
- Any winner must complete a Competition Release Form to confirm collection of their prize.
- The prize must be collected within 90 days from the draw.
- Prizes that remain uncollected after 90 days will be entered into an uncollected prize redraw as per these terms and condition at individual APN Site offices at 11:00am (AEST) Monday May 21, 2017.
PROMOTER’S LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
39. The Promoter is not responsible for the loss of prizes due to incorrect or imprecise delivery details provided by a winner. The Promoter also takes no responsibility for prizes lost or stolen after they have been released for delivery via postage or courier.
40. The Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality, suitability or merchantability.
41. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any loss suffered or sustained by any person and including, but not limited to consequential (including economic) loss by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter, or its servants or agents, in connection with the arrangement for supply, or the supply, of any goods or services by any person to the prize winner(s) and, where applicable, to any persons accompanying the winners.
42. All entries become and remain the property of the Promoter and its related parties, subject to the limits contained in the Privacy Statement and as set out in these terms and conditions.
44. To facilitate your participation, the Promoter may disclose your personal information to other companies associated with this promotion.