Conditions of entry: NewsMail “New Year Mega Draw Competition”
1. Method of entry: Contestants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. To enter, Contestants must collect fromNewsMail one entry form along with two tokens to complete one entry. Entry Forms are published each Saturday and Wednesday starting Saturday 4 December 2010 with the final entry form published Wednesday 8 December 2010. Tokens will be printed each WEEKDAY commencing Monday 6 December 2010, with the final token published Wednesday 22 December 2010. Entry forms and tokens must be original newsprint mastheads - no photocopies, scanned images, web prints, reproductions or other falsified artwork will be accepted. The completed entry forms and 2 tokens must be placed in an envelope marked NewsMail New Year Mega Draw Competition with your name, address, email address and contact phone number(s) on the back and then:
(a) sent by pre-paid post to New Year Mega Draw Competition, PO Box 3006, Bundaberg DC 4670 (so it is received before the Closure Time); or
(b) delivered to NewsMail 36-38 Woondooma Street
Contestants may submit more than one entry, but any Contestant may only win one of the prizes.
Week One draw: Ten prizes of ONE x JUMBO QuickPick ticket valued at $21.70each
Week Two draw: Ten prizes of ONE x JUMBO QuickPick ticket valued at $21.70each
Week Three draw: Ten prizes of ONE x JUMBO QuickPick ticket valued at $21.70eachPLUS Major Prize draw of ONE only System 10 ticket valued at $121each.
Only one major prize is available to be won which will be drawn on Week Three.
All tickets are only available for event days and dates listed on tickets –specifically Draw Number 3073 drawn on 31 December 2010. No correspondence will be entered into.
All prizes are valued inclusive of GST and the Promoter takes no responsibility for any variation in item values. Any taxes which may be payable as a consequence of a winner receiving the prize are the sole responsibility of that winner. Prizes are non-transferable and may not be redeemed for cash. If the specified prize becomes unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter may substitute a prize of similar nature and/or like or greater value.
3. Competition duration: The competition commences Saturday 4 December 2010 and closes at 3pm Thursday 23 December 2010 (“Closure Time”). Entries received after the Closure Time will not be eligible.
Week One drawcloses strictly at 3pm Thursday 9 December 2010, entries received after this time will go into the Week Two draw.
Week Two drawcloses strictly at 3pm Thursday 16 December 2010, entries received after this time will go into the Week Three draw.
Week Three & Major Prize drawcloses strictly at 3pm Thursday 23 December 2010. Entries received after this time will not be eligible.
4 Eligibility limitations: Contestants under the age of 18 require parent/guardian permission to enter. The following persons are ineligible to enter:
(i) employees of, or contractors to, the Promoter so far as they are directly associated with this competition;
(ii) the spouse, de facto spouse, parent, natural or adopted child, and sibling (whether natural or adopted by a parent), of such employees and contractors (whether or not they live in the same household);
iii) Contestants who have used or attempted to use any more than one name in order to qualify to win any contest run by the Promoter except in the case of a legal change of name.
All Contestants acknowledge that even if the Promoter only learns of a person’s ineligibility after the Promoter has appeared to award the prize to the ineligible person, it may require the return of the prize or payment of its value to the Promoter to be dealt with as an unclaimed prize.
5. Draw and notification: The prize winner(s) will be selected by random draw at or just after 9am on the following days.
Week ONE: Ten (10) winning entries drawn at 9am Friday 10 December 2010
Week TWO: Ten (10) winning entries drawn at 9am Friday 17 December 2010
Week THREE: Ten (10) winning entries drawn at 9am Friday 24 December 2010 PLUS One (1) Major Prize winner.
Thursday 23 December 2010 and prizes awarded following winner validation and verification. Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Winner’s details will be published in NewsMail on 29 December 2010. All Contestants acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to publicise and publish his / her name, character and likeness. All contest winners must avail themselves for a photo if required by the Promoter and acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to utilise publicity photos in any reasonable manner it sees fit without compensation to the Contestant.
6. Prize collection: Prizes must be claimed in person unless winner is otherwise advised and ID that includes a photograph may be required. Upon request by the Promoter a copy of the general contest rules and/or a signed receipt and acknowledgement must be signed and endorsed by any winner to indicate his/her understanding and acceptance of these terms. All prizes when specified must be picked up within 90 days of notification. It is the sole responsibility of the winner to claim their prize. All prizes that remain unclaimed 90 days after notification has been sent to the winner will be redrawn by random draw in an unclaimed prize draw.
7. Promoter's limitation of liability: The Promoter is not responsible for the loss of prizes due to incorrect or imprecise delivery details provided by a winner. The Promoter also takes no responsibility for prizes lost or stolen after they have been released for delivery via postage or courier. The Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality/suitability/merchantability of any of the goods/services offered as prizes. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any loss suffered or sustained to personal property and including, but not limited to consequential (including economic) loss by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter, or its servants or agents, in connection with the arrangement for supply, or the supply, of any goods or services by any person to the prize winner(s) and, where applicable, to any persons accompanying the winners.
8. Entries and privacy: All entries become and remain the property of the Promoter (subject to the limits contained in the Privacy Statement). All entries become the property of the Promoter and will be used only for competition purposes. Under the Privacy Act the names and addresses of all entrants in this competition will not be shared or distributed to other parties unless specified. Contestants may opt in for marketing contact by ticking the box shown on the original entry form agreeing to contact from Tatts.