TERMS AND CONDITIONS
NewsMail – Win a Back to School Pack
- By entering this competition, Contestants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- Contestants must be permanent Queensland residents who reside within the NewsMail distribution area to be eligible to enter.
- Contestants must be 18 years of age and older to be eligible to enter.
- If there is any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and anything else that refers to this competition, these Terms and Conditions prevail.
- The Promoter is Bundaberg Newspaper Company Pty Ltd, 36 – 38 Woondooma Street, Bundaberg Qld 4670 ABN 68 009 656 955.
- To enter, Contestants must collect the entry form published in the NewsMail newspaper each Monday, Wednesday and Friday between Monday December 12, 2016 and Friday January 13, 2017 (inclusive).
- The entry form must be original newsprint.
- Photocopies, scanned images, web/digital prints, reproductions or other falsified artwork will not be accepted.
The entry form must be completed in full; then
- Deliver to: NewsMail office, 36-38 Woondooma Street, Bundaberg Qld 4670; or
- Send to: PO Box 3006, Bundaberg Qld 4670.
- Entries must be received within the Promotion Period (see clause 21).
- Contestants may submit more than one entry, however any contestant can only win once.
- While entry is free, contestants are responsible for any cost associated with delivering or posting entries.
- There will be 18 winners drawn at random from all valid entries received. The prizes are as follows:
- 1st prize:
- $250.00 voucher for Stationary (Voucher will be selected by The Promoter).
- Two (2) Stanley Vacuum Food Jars – 0.5 L
- Two (2) Oggi Chill & Go Lunch boxes with Freezer Packs
- Two (2)Aladdin Mini Chill 0.24L
- Two (2) Aladdin Aveo Vacuum Flasks 0.47L
- Total maximum retail value of 1st prize is $545.92 (inclusive of GST).
- Runner-Up prizes: 2nd and 3rd
- Four (4) Oggi Chill & Go Lunch Boxes with Freezer Packs
- Four (4) Aladdin Aveo Vacuum Flasks 0.47L
- Each prize is valued at $307.90 each (inclusive of GST)
- Total maximum retail value of prizes for runner up is $615.80
- A further 15 Contestants will be drawn from all other valid entries received and will win:
- 1 of 15 Aladdin Aveo Vacuum Flasks, retail value $39.99 each (inclusive of GST).
- Total maximum retail value of consolation prizes is $599.85 (inclusive of GST).
The total maximum retail value of the prize pool is $ 1,761.57 (inclusive of GST).
- All prize winners must collect their prize prior to 4:30pm AEST Wednesday January 17, 2017. Prizes that remain uncollected will be entered into an uncollected prize redraw (see clause 32).
- All prizes are valued inclusive of GST and the Promoter takes no responsibility for any variation in item values.
- Any taxes which may be payable as a consequence of a contestant winning a prize, are the sole responsibility of that winner.
- If the specified prize becomes unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter may substitute a prize of similar nature and/or like or greater value.
- The competition commences on Monday December 12, 2016 and closes at 12:00pm AEST Friday January 13, 2017 (“Promotion Period”). Entries received outside the Promotion Period will be deemed invalid.
- The following persons are ineligible to enter. Contestants must be 18 years of age and over to enter.
- Employees of, or contractors to, the Promoter as far as they are directly associated with this competition;
- The spouse, de facto spouse, parent, natural or adopted child, and sibling (whether natural or adopted by a parent), of such employees and contractors (whether or not they live in the same household);
- Contestants who have used or attempted to use any more than one name in order to qualify to win any contest run by the Promoter except in the case of a legal change of name.
- All Contestants acknowledge that even if the Promoter only learns of a person’s ineligibility after the Promoter has appeared to award the prize to the ineligible person, it may require the return of the prize or payment of its value to the Promoter to be dealt with as an unclaimed prize.
- The prize winners will be selected via random draw at the NewsMail office, 36-38 Woondooma Street, Bundaberg at 1:00pm AEST Friday January 13, 2017 and prizes awarded following winner validation and verification. The winners will be contacted by telephone.
- Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The winner’s details will be published in the NewsMail Public Notices on Saturday January 14, 2017.
- All Contestants acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to publicise and publish his/her name, character and likeness.
- All contest winners must avail themselves for a photo if required by the Promoter and acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to utilise publicity photos in any reasonable manner it sees fit without compensation to the Contestant.
- Prizes winners must collect their prize in person from the NewsMail office and Government issued Photo ID is required to confirm identity and residential address.
- Any winner must complete a Competition Release Form to confirm collection of their prize.
- All prizes must be picked up by the date specified in Clause 17. It is the sole responsibility of the winner to claim their prize.
- Prizes that remain uncollected will be placed in an uncollected prize redraw as per these terms and conditions, and winners will be drawn via random draw at 9:00am Thursday January 19, 2017. Redraw winners will be contacted by telephone.
PROMOTER’S LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- The Promoter is not responsible for the loss of prizes due to incorrect or imprecise delivery details provided by a winner. The Promoter also takes no responsibility for prizes lost or stolen after they have been released for delivery via postage or courier.
34. The Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality, suitability or merchantability of any of the goods/services offered as prizes.
35. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any loss suffered or sustained by any person and including, but not limited to consequential (including economic) loss by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter, or its servants or agents, in connection with the arrangement for supply, or the supply, of any goods or services by any person to the prize winner(s) and, where applicable, to any persons accompanying the winners.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
36. Subject to complying with all relevant state and Territory legislation, the Promoter reserves the right to amend, cancel or suspend this competition if an event beyond the control of the Promoter corrupts nor affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the competition. The Promoter will disqualify any individual who has tampered with the entry process or any other aspect of this competition.
37. If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or infect the administration, security fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, subject to any direction given by State Regulation.
38. All entries become and remain the property of the Promoter and its related parties, subject to the limits contained in the Privacy Statement and as set out in these terms and conditions.
40. To facilitate your participation, the Promoter may disclose your personal information to other companies associated with this promotion.