Terms and Conditions: NewsMail – Cruise Competition
By entering this competition, Contestants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
Contestants must be aged 18 years and over to be eligible to enter this competition. Contestants must be an Australian resident to be eligible to enter this competition.
The Promoter is Bundaberg Newspaper Company, 36 – 38 Woondooma Street, Bundaberg Queensland 4670. ACN 009 656 955.
1. Method of entry: To enter, Contestants must collect from the NewsMail, the entry form which is published on Wednesday December 2, 2015, Wednesday December 9, 2015 and Saturday December 12, 2015. Entry Form will also be published in the NewsMail Christmas Catalogue on Saturday December 5, 2015.
The entry form must be original newsprint.
Photocopies, scanned images, web prints, reproductions or other falsified artwork will not be accepted.
The entry form must be completed in full and placed in an envelope marked NewsMail – Cruise Competition; then:
- Send to: PO Box 3006, Bundaberg DC, 4670 (so it is received before the closing date/time); or
- Deliver to: 36 – 38 Woondooma Street, Bundaberg, Qld 4670.
- Contestants may submit more than one entry.
- One (1) original entry form per standard envelope.
2. Prizes: The winner must collect a prize letter from NewsMail.
- One (1) prize of a P & O Cruise for seven (7) nights to the South Pacific departing from Brisbane.
- Twin share for 2 people (2 adults);
- The prize must be used by June 30, 2016.
- The prize is subject to availability of vacancy at the time of booking and cannot be taken during Australian School Holiday periods or Australian Public Holidays.
- The winner is responsible for booking their cruise.
- Meals and activities on-board as part of a normal booking are included as part of the prize.
- Additional tours, drinks, paid restaurant meals are not included.
- The cruise departs from Brisbane. Transfers to and from Brisbane terminal are not included.
- Please refer to Travel & Cruise, Bundaberg for all terms and conditions of the specific cruise.
- The prize is not valid with any other offer, is not transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash.
- If not utilised in this time the prize will be forfeited and no extensions will be granted.
- If lost or misplaced, vouchers will not be replaced.
- The holder of this voucher cannot on-sell or auction the prize for monetary benefit. Bundaberg Newspaper Company reserves the right to revoke the validity of the voucher, if such an incident occurs.
- Any alterations to travel plans may incur a re-booking fee.
- P & O, without notice to the prize-winner, may substitute any services or the mode of carriage to carry the passengers.
- All travel documents including passports, visas, official documentation, vaccinations, medical requirements and travel insurance are the responsibility of the winner and their travelling companion.
- Total maximum recommended retail value of the prize for this competition is $2,598.00 (incl. of GST).
The Promoter takes no responsibility for any variation in item values. Any taxes which may be payable as a consequence of a winner receiving the prize are the sole responsibility of that winner. Prizes are non-transferable and may not be redeemed for cash. If the specified prize becomes unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter may substitute a prize of similar nature and/or like or greater value.
3. Competition duration: The competition commences on Wednesday December 2, 2015 and closes at 4:30pm (AEST) Thursday December 17, 2015 (closing time/date). Entries received after the closing date/time will be deemed as invalid and will not be entered into the competition.
4. Eligibility limitations: The following persons are ineligible to enter:
(i) Employees of, or contractors to, the Promoter as far as they are directly associated with this competition;
(ii) Employees and Relatives of Travel & Cruise Bundaberg who are directly associated with this competition.
(iii) The spouse, de facto spouse, parent, natural or adopted child, and sibling (whether natural or adopted by a parent), of such employees and contractors (whether or not they live in the same household);
(iv) Contestants who have used or attempted to use any more than one name in order to qualify to win any contest run by the Promoter except in the case of a legal change of name.
All Contestants acknowledge that even if the Promoter only learns of a person’s ineligibility after the Promoter has appeared to award the prize to the ineligible person, it may require the return of the prize or payment of its value to the Promoter to be dealt with as an unclaimed prize.
5. Draw and notification: The prize winner will be selected in a random draw at 10:00am (AEST) at NewsMail office, 36 – 38 Woondooma Street, Bundaberg Qld 4670 on Friday December 18, 2015, and prizes awarded following winner validation and verification. The winners will be notified by telephone. Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. The winner’s details will be published in the NewsMail on Wednesday December 30, 2015. All Contestants acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to publicise and publish his/her name, character and likeness. All contest winners must avail themselves for a photo if required by the Promoter and acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to utilise publicity photos in any reasonable manner it sees fit without compensation to the Contestant.
6. Prize collection: Prizes must be claimed in person at the NewsMail office unless winner is otherwise advised and Government issued Photo ID is required. Any winner must complete a Release Form to confirm the rightful collection of their prize. It is the sole responsibility of the winner to claim their prize. Unless otherwise specified, winners have 90 days from notification to collect their prize. Prizes that remain uncollected after 90 days from notification will be placed in an uncollected prize draw.
7. Promoter's limitation of liability: The Promoter is not responsible for the loss of prizes due to incorrect or imprecise delivery details provided by a winner. The Promoter also takes no responsibility for prizes lost or stolen after they have been released for delivery via postage or courier. The Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality/suitability/merchantability of any of the goods/services offered as prizes. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any loss suffered or sustained by any person and including, but not limited to consequential (including economic) loss by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter, or its servants or agents, in connection with the arrangement for supply, or the supply, of any goods or services by any person to the prize winner(s) and, where applicable, to any persons accompanying the winners.