Woman burns down house trying to kill bed bugs

Three people have been injured and 10 have been left homeless after a US woman accidentally set fire to a multi-family home while trying to kill bed bugs.

The woman was reportedly attempting to kill the bugs using rubbing alcohol while she was near a flame, which then started the fire around midnight on Friday in Cincinnati, police said.

The fire heavily damaged the five-unit building and sent three people to hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation.

The injuries are not considered life-threatening.

The Red Cross are helping to find housing for three teenagers and seven adults who have been left homeless.

"My House caught fire n got burned down - all my stuff is gone maaaaaan," former resident Kamaron Lyshe wrote on Facebook, alongside a video of the burning building.

 

 

 

 



'Credible' sighting gives rescue operation new focus

'Credible' sighting gives rescue operation new focus

Jet and ten rescue helicopters to continue search for pilot.

Wide Bay residents' mortgage repayments among worst in QLD

Wide Bay residents' mortgage repayments among worst in QLD

Bundaberg Aussie Home Loans said despite rates, market is looking up

Bundy school in mourning after teen dies in asthma tragedy

Bundy school in mourning after teen dies in asthma tragedy

Students in shock following teen's death

Local Partners