NSW the state for dad jokes (not sure if that's good or bad)
NSW dads have been given the dubious honour of telling the best (worst?) dad jokes in Australia.
A nation-wide competition run by food retailer TheGourmet.com.au and Take 5 magazine has unearthed the top half-dozen dad jokes in the country - and four of them, including the winner, come from NSW.
The top joke came from Carlie White Beresfield, north west of Newcastle, whose dad delivered a zinger on her wedding day.
"On my wedding day, my dad came up to me and said 'Your wedding is beautiful, even the cake is in tiers," she said.
The other top dad jokes were:
- "What did the male lamb say to the lady lamb? Nice rack." submitted by Tracey in VIC
- I asked my dad for his best dad joke and he said, 'You'. Sarah in QLD.
- What do you call a pig that does karate? A pork chop. Submitted by Penny in NSW.
- How much does a Hipster dad weigh? An Instagram. Submitted by Lori in NSW.
- Last Christmas, we bought a fake Christmas tree, and the guy behind the counter asked 'Are you going to put it up yourself?' My dad replied, 'Don't be disgusting. I'm going to put it up in the living room.' Submitted by Amanda in NSW
Unfortunately, we don't know precisely where in NSW Penny, Lori, or Amanda come from, so it's not clear where the Northern Rivers sits in the dad-joke pecking order.
However, we're pretty sure Northern Rivers dads can make us laugh/groan with the best of them.
Share your dad jokes in the comments section below. Bonus points if your joke has a Northern Rivers theme.