US furry excited for BunFur event
EVERY day for the last four days we have featured a Q&A with members of the furry community as their meet-up at the botanic gardens gets closer.
Becca Fox (Connecticut, USA, BunFur staff)
1. When did you first hear about furries, and what made you join in?
I first heard about the fandom in late 2011 from Bingo and after looking up information to learn more about it and coming up with a fursona and finding a group for furs in my area here in the United States decided it seemed like a good community that I wanted to be a part of.
2. Describe the adventures of a typical fur meet:
I actually haven't had the opportunity to go to a fur meet yet but it is something I'd like to do in the future.
3. What's your chosen animal, and why did you choose it above all others?
My fursona is a hot pink fox, with black, white and blue accents. I honestly didn't put much original thought into my fursona, I just thought it was cool that Bingo was a fox and wanted to be one as well, but when I actually came up with how I wanted it to look I put in a lot of thought.
4. Has the success of furry meet-ups in Bundaberg been a surprise?
I don't think so, I did think it would be a big event just from talking to Bingo about it I really wish I could actually be going to it, but maybe next year. That's why I was so ready to help with whatever I could to help prepare for Bunfur.
5. What would your advice be to someone who was thinking of getting involved?
I'd just say put a lot of thought into what you want your fursona (furry persona) to be, but other then that I think it's a great group of people and I think it's something awesome to be a part of.
6. What's the age range in your group?
I think in my state, the CT Furries iage from 14 to late 40s
7. What's the most unusual animal you have seen someone suited up as?
In the Connecticut furries there is a bat/dragon combination.