These were our favourite songs 20 years ago
GET ready to step back in time and remember the 10 top tracks that we loved in 1994, a time before everyone owned a mobile phone, and Facebook didn't exist.
The year that was 1994:
- Facebook didn't exist. In fact, Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg was just 10 years old.
- Blue Heelers premiered on television.
- Muriel's Wedding was released.
- Popular Aussie sit-com Hey Dad! aired its final episode.
- Paul Keating was prime minister.
The top 10 Aria singles in 1994:
1. Love is All Around - Wet Wet
- You knew it as: That slightly overplayed ballad from Four Weddings and a Funeral that you're still hearing in shopping centres today.
- Where are they now: Wet Wet Wet formed in 1982 and are still going strong, performing in the UK and releasing albums.
2. I swear - All 4 One
- You knew it as: That super slow love song with the words "for better or worse, till death do us part, I'll love you with every beat of my heart" that has probably been played at more weddings than you care to remember.
- Where are they now: The group has sold 22 million albums in their time together since 1993. Their most recent album, titled No Regrets, was released in 2009. The band is still together.
3. Always - Bon Jovi
- You knew it as: Yet another slow, power ballad in the mid-90s.
- Where are they now: After a couple of hiatuses in their career, the band is still together and are still putting out albums. They recently completed a tour of Australia.
4. It's Alright - East 17
- You knew it as: That kind of boppy song sung by a troop of equally boppy young Englishmen.
- Where are they now: East 17 are still making albums and performing live.
5. The Sign - Ace of Base
- You knew it as: That simple yet catchy tune from Sweden.
- Where are they now: Ace of Base are still going strong.
6. The Power of Love - Celine Dion
- You knew it as: One more power ballad you couldn't escape if you'd have tried.
- Where are they now: Celine has continued to make music and be a chart success.
7. I'll Make Love to You - Boyz II Men
- You knew it as: A cosy love ballad sung before the rise of the late 90s boy bands.
- Where are they now: The band have continued to sail on their success, releasing albums and going on tours.
8. Please Forgive Me - Bryan Adams
- You knew it as: That ballad of sincere regret.
- Where are they now: The 54-year-old vegan animal rights activist is still as popular as ever. His last studio album came out in 2008.
9. Tomorrow - Silverchair
- You knew it as: A kind of slow indie track by a bunch of Newcastle boys.
- Where are they now: The band split in 2011 but have not ruled out the possibility of a reunion at some stage.
10. All for Love - Bryan Adams, Rod Stewart and Sting
- You knew it as: That song from the Three Musketeers soundtrack.
- Where are they now: All three are still going strong.