Streets factory workers have tonight voted to end a public boycott of the brand's ice creams after they accepted a wages offer from its multinational owners.

A union campaign to boycott Streets ice creams started last month.

The workers at the factory at Minto, in Sydney's south-west, voted to ratify an in-principle agreement during a meeting tonight, the ABC reports.

"Christmas has come early for Streets workers and their supporters in the Australian community," Australian

Manufacturing Workers Union NSW secretary Steve Murphy said in a statement.

"This is an enormous victory for fairness. We are pleased that Australians can get back to enjoying these iconic Australian-made ice creams."

The boycott was kickstarted on October 29 after more than 140 Streets factory workers voted to run a campaign calling for a public boycott of all Streets ice-creams - including Paddle Pops, Magnums, Bubble O'Bills and Golden Gaytimes - over summer.

The British-Dutch multinational that owns Streets, Unilever, had received permission from the Fair Work Commission to terminate their enterprise bargaining agreement with staff.

Streets workers would have lost between 25 to 50 per cent of their annual salary if forced onto the award wage.



Opinion: Has the ALP missed an opportunity in Hinkler?

premium_icon Opinion: Has the ALP missed an opportunity in Hinkler?

We've heard about LNP failures, we want to hear about ALP plans

Dogs sniff out illicit drugs, pipe on block

premium_icon Dogs sniff out illicit drugs, pipe on block

The expectant mother found an ice pipe, drugs in a backpack and food

LOST LIMB: Crash driver liable for $37k

premium_icon LOST LIMB: Crash driver liable for $37k

Witness said vehicle didn't indicate before turning into bike's path

Local Partners