Christmas is over so now clear out the clutter and get cash
IF YOU are looking to cash up after Christmas, why don't you look around your home for some speedy ways to make money.
Starting the new year with a clean-up around the house might result in a pile of unwanted items, but taking them to a second-hand trader like Speedi Cash in Rockhampton might just reap you some financial rewards.
Owner of Speedi Cash, Tracey Benham, said they bought a wide variety of items including electronics, gardening and tools, fishing gear, musical equipment, jewellery and game consoles, games and DVDs, which they then resell in their retail shop.
"All items are tested before going onto the floor," Tracey said.
Although you must be over 17 years old to sell your items to Speedi Cash, Tracey said they would purchase nearly anything of value.
Over the years they have seen a variety of unusual or highly sought-after items through their shop, from skeleton figurines to collectable coins, notes and even gold nuggets.
Tracey and her husband Ross celebrated the third anniversary of owning the local business by moving into a larger building on Musgrave St near Supercheap Auto last November and said they had already seen a benefit to the move, with customers appreciating the easy access to car parking as well as the new, modern fit-out.
"We are not a franchise, we are a locally owned family business," Tracey said.
SELL YOUR STUFF
- There are plenty of other ways to sell your unwanted stuff if Speedi Cash isn't your solution.
- Keep a look out in The Morning Bulletin for the special Classifieds Coupons. With these you can advertise items under $300 for free. There are other special offers including 3 for 2 deals so phone the Classifieds crew on 1300 136 181 for details.
- Hold a garage sale. Plan well in advance, so you can organise all your items for sale and you know what to list in the advertisement to attract the right customers. Call in to The Morning Bulletin office when you place your advertisement and pick up a garage sale goody bag to help you on the day.
- List your items on eBay, Facebook sites or any other selling sites like Gumtree and Trading Post. Listing items individually with a description can be a little bit time consuming, but it means you will get less timewasters phoning your number.
- Head to the markets. Keep an eye out for car boot sales and markets being held in the region. The benefit is you get a lot of shoppers in one area, and it is not at your house.
- So if Santa upgraded your old Atari to a Playstation 3, or you are not really sure what to do with any of those unwanted presents, cash them in rather than building up clutter.