Electrocution scare for contractor

AN electrical contractor got more than he bargained for while working on a fuse box at Thabeban State School yesterday morning.

It is believed the man was using a screwdriver on the box, which short-circuited the system and gave him a jolt — creating fears that he had been electrocuted.

Queensland Fire and Rescue Bundaberg station officer Trevor Duncan said they were called to the scene about 8.20am.

“The short circuit created a bang like an explosion, but there was no fire,” Mr Duncan said.

A Queensland Ambulance Service paramedic assessed the man, and determined it was a minor shock.

“He was not transported to hospital,” a QAS spokesman said.

It is believed the man was declared fit for work and picked up his tools to be back at work shortly before 9am.



Mum being choked by ex stabs him with car keys to escape

premium_icon Mum being choked by ex stabs him with car keys to escape

Jesse William David Jenkins, 32, has been jailed

Who is Sheng Wei? Meet the Bargara high-rise developer

premium_icon Who is Sheng Wei? Meet the Bargara high-rise developer

Real estate agent says businessman wants to support region

BATT ATTACK: State Govt slammed for economic 'fails'

premium_icon BATT ATTACK: State Govt slammed for economic 'fails'

MP calls state of disorder

Local Partners