Severe storm warning issued
SEVERE thunderstorms are likely to produce damaging winds in the warning area over the next several hours. Locations which may be affected include Bundaberg, Biloela and Town Of 1770.
Severe thunderstorms are no longer occurring in the Gulf Country and Southeast Coast districts and the warning for these districts is cancelled.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.
The next warning is due to be issued by 9:55 pm.
Warnings are also available through TV and Radio broadcasts, the Bureau's website at www.bom.gov.au or call 1300 659 219.
The Bureau and Queensland Fire and Emergency Services would appreciate warnings being broadcast regularly.