Stringer

Schoolgirl 'electrocuted' after lying on frayed iPhone cable

A TEENAGE girl reportedly died after being electrocuted while charging her iPhone 6.

Le Thi Xoan was found unconscious by her parents with the white device by her side in the Vietnamese region of Ha Tinh, local media reported.

Police said a "broken-down" charging brick and frayed cable were also found in the 14-year-old's bed. It is not thought those devices were made by Apple. 

Chief Tran Anh Son said the girl was rushed to hospital after she was discovered by her parents.

It is thought she was electrocuted after she rolled onto the device. Black burn marks were found on her bedding.

The Independent has contacted Apple for comment but none had arrived at the time of publication.



BRIGHTEN UP: Upbeat news from around the region

Premium Content BRIGHTEN UP: Upbeat news from around the region

Bundaberg is full of good news stories and here are just some of the things that...

William’s courage shines despite heartbreaking diagnosis

Premium Content William’s courage shines despite heartbreaking diagnosis

How you can help grant a wish for the bubbly little Bundy boy

7+ EVENTS: How theatre back in the spotlight during pandemic

Premium Content 7+ EVENTS: How theatre back in the spotlight during pandemic

Rather than Shakespeare in the Park, we’ve got it by the river with the Playhouse’s...