Roads still closed around region
THE Baffle Creek, Rosedale, Agnes Water and Miriam Vale communities are starting to dry out after recent downpours saw roads flooded and residents stranded a week ago.
Students from Baffle Creek and Agnes Water missed school as floodwaters poured over Essendean Bridge, forcing road closures.
While the bridge is now clear, the RACQ reports that several roads in the area are still closed to traffic after the water proved slow to drain away.
The following roads are closed to all vehicles:
- Lowmead Road between Rosedale and Lowmead with no access available to Tablelands Road.
- Tablelands Road between Miriam Vale and Agnes Water.
- Bundaberg Lowmead Road between Rosedale and Bundaberg.
- Kalpowar Road Molangul at the Kolan River.
- Coast Road at Baffle Creek.
- Bajool to Port Alma Road is open to all vehicles except for vehicles requiring special permits.
And with more rain on the way, drivers should check with the RACQ before setting out on a trip.
Telephone 1300 130 595 or visit www.racq.com.au/benefits_and_discounts/road_conditions