Readers share funny kitchen mishaps
WE ASKED readers 'what's your biggest cooking catastrophe of all time?'.
Tracey Mobbs: My son made paddy cakes. Baking powder was in the ingredients. He unknowingly used self-raising flour instead of plain. They all exploded like volcanoes lol. Was a nice mess for mum to clean up lol.
Lorraine Holliday: When I was newly married, I rolled pastry on a sheet of newspaper, because I didn't own a board. The result was you could read the NewsMail on my pasty!
Naomee Warms: I work in childcare. And the children wanted to cook pancakes. I used salt and not sugar. I was wondering why only one child was eating them till I tasted it. I have had many mistakes when cooking. I have lots of funny stories.
Stevie Burscough: My mum bought one of those bread machines when they used to be cool. 'Save money on buying bread' kinda thing. Well the first time she used it we ended up with a loaf of bread with the measuring cup cooked in the middle of it. It's safe to say it's cheaper and less hazardous to just buy bread at 89c a loaf.
Patricia Smee: Dad made us a chocolate cake one day but used gravy power by mistake. Lol.
Vanessa Sobczak: Corn Chips are flammable!
Brad Durrant: Using salt in the brownies instead of sugar that one time.
Naomee Warms: I made lasagna. And hubby said it tasted like nachos.. the pasta was very crunchy.
Monica Jean: I thought that because foil wrap was safe in the oven it'd be safe in the microwave too... Also I can't cook pasta, or anything else for that matter... That's why i'm marrying a chef.