Menu
Sport

QBL unlikely for Bundy until 2019

WOMEN'S BASKETBALL: Bundaberg Bears' Carly Boag playing against Gladstone Port City Power at WIN Stadium on Saturday, 20 June 2015.
Photo: Max Fleet / NewsMail
WOMEN'S BASKETBALL: Bundaberg Bears' Carly Boag playing against Gladstone Port City Power at WIN Stadium on Saturday, 20 June 2015. Photo: Max Fleet / NewsMail Max Fleet BUN200615BSK1

BASKETBALL: Bundaberg Basketball says it will be very tough to get its Queensland Basketball League licence back ahead of next year's season.

At a general meeting last week, the first steps were put in place to get the Bears and Bulls back in the league after they were booted out over financial difficulty.

Committee member Mick Catlin said the group would take its time to get the process right.

"In my personal view it will be hard to get it organised before 2018," he said.

"We'd have to get the whole process done quickly and get sponsors before nominations close in October."

While next year hasn't been ruled out, Catlin said 2019 would be better.

Darren Mortensen will remain as president.

Topics:  bundaberg bears bundaberg bulls queensland basketball league