QANTAS releases 2012/2013 full year financial results
QANTAS has reported a $6 million statutory profit after tax in its 2012/13 full year financial results.
CEO Alan Joyce said the level of activity and achievement across Qantas Group over that time had been immense.
"We have launched a global partnership with Emirates - shifting our hub for Europe flights to Dubai - maintained our strong domestic market position with the Qantas-Jetstar dual brand strategy, continued building Jetstar in Asia, and achieved another record result with Qantas Loyalty," Mr Joyce said in a media release.
"The market is very tough. But we are focused on the elements we can control. We have Australia's leading airlines and loyalty business - and we have a clear strategy to build an even stronger business for the future.
"Our financial position has been strengthened by the actions we have taken over past 12 months: reducing debt, extending our maturity profile and taking a prudent approach to capital expenditure."
- Underlying Profit Before Tax : $192 million
- Statutory Profit After Tax: $6 million
- Strategic Qantas Transformation Benefits: $171 million
- Comparable Unit Cost  Improvement: 5 per cent
- Positive Net Free Cash Flow: $372 million
- Liquidity: $3.4 billion
- On-market share buyback to continue
- No final dividend declared