Menu
Sport

Prince back in town for Bundy Cup

Councillor Scott Rowleson, Queensland Touch CEO Jamie O'Connor, Bundaberg Touch president Dave Field, former NRL player Scott Prince and Bundaberg North Burnett Tourism's Ellie Tonkin.
Councillor Scott Rowleson, Queensland Touch CEO Jamie O'Connor, Bundaberg Touch president Dave Field, former NRL player Scott Prince and Bundaberg North Burnett Tourism's Ellie Tonkin. Shane Jone

TOUCH: Former 300-game NRL star Scott Prince has unfinished business in Bundaberg.

Prince returns to the region as the ambassador for the Bundaberg Cup - Australia's richest touch football Cup.

The Cup offers $20,000 to teams in open and social competitions for men, women and mixed.

Prince will play again, joining the Bundaberg open men's team at the event.

"I had a run with them last year and got pipped in the final,” he said.

"I'm in training and hopefully we can take the trophy home.

"I'm looking forward to getting here in two to three weeks time.”

Prince said the competition was continuing to grow with 38 teams registered so far.

He hopes that number grows before the Cup starts.

Up to half a dozen teams will come from Bundaberg.

"We're still working to try to increase and maximise on that,” Bundaberg Touch president Dave Field said.

"The competition is really important in terms of the skill development of our juniors.”

Bundaberg Mayor Jack Dempsey said the Cup with the support of the Bundaberg Regional Council had brought in millions of dollars to the city and he expected that to continue.

To register a team for the Cup on November 25 and 26 head to http://bit.ly/2edkX8W.

Topics:  bundaberg cup queensland touch football scott prince