Police round up drug drivers
THIRTEEN drug drivers were caught by Bundaberg police in January, the latest caught on Wednesday morning.
Senior Constable Danielle Loftus said police pulled the 18-year-old Walkervale man over on Thabeban St, Avenell Heights, about 6.50am.
He returned a positive result to a saliva test.
The man's licence was suspended for 24 hours and he was ordered to front Bundaberg Magistrates Court on March 23.
Snr Const Loftus said police were continually warning drivers about the dangers of drug driving.
"Drugs can affect your driving by causing reduced ability to judge distance and speed, distorted perception of time, place and space, reduced coordination and concentration and blurred vision,” she said.
During January, officers intercepted the following alleged drug drivers:
- A 20-year-old Rockhampton man
- A 21-year-old Svensson Heights man
- A 24-year-old Bundaberg North woman
- A 25-year-old Childers man
- A 31-year-old Peregian Beach man
- A 32-year-old Bargara man
- A 33-year-old Caboolture man
- A 34-year-old Wondai man
- A 35-year-old Millbank man
- A 39-year-old Bundaberg North man
- A 40-year-old Bundaberg East man
- A 41-year-old Burnett Heads man
- A 52-year-old Branyan man