Fire truck, firetruck, file image
Fire truck, firetruck, file image

Pet dog to blame for house fire

THE top floor of a Mangalore house has been destroyed after a pet dog knocked over a burning candle.

Crews from Bagdad, Brighton and Bridgewater attended the blaze on Mountford Drive just before 1pm today.

Firefighters quickly extinguished the fire on the top floor of the two-storey house.

Tasmania Fire Service said an investigation found the estimated damage to be between $60,000 and $80,000.

"A pet dog has accidentally knocked over a candle that was alight causing a fire," the statement read.

"The owners were at home at the time of the fire, however this is a timely reminder to ensure that lit candles are not left unattended."



Busy weekend for crews from rescue chopper

premium_icon Busy weekend for crews from rescue chopper

A MALE patient has been flown to hospital after he was involved in a traffic...

Bright days ahead for Bundaberg

premium_icon Bright days ahead for Bundaberg

After social distancing guidelines saw beaches close across the region, the...

Forget the rest: Premier creates ‘Queensland bubble’

premium_icon Forget the rest: Premier creates ‘Queensland bubble’

Queenslanders allowed to travel throughout the state as restrictions relaxed