Pelican Waters mansion to take on Noosa market
A LUXURY multi-million dollar waterfront home styled as a resort is tipped to go for a record suburb price when it enters the market this week.
The unique home at 6 Rainbow Lane, Pelican Waters, has been featured on Grand Designs Australia and Australia's Best Homes, and won numerous national awards.
It was built in 2013 by its current owners who had visions of creating a relaxed, resort-style haven.
Cloud Nine Real Estate co-principal Mark Stewart believes it will be the most expensive home sold in the area.
Mr Stewart says the property has potential to take on the same clientele as Noosa commands.
"The canal living, deep water access can entice the Noosa market," Mr Stewart said.
"Interstate and international buyers, including Chinese markets will be targeted."
The house itself features design aspects like few others.
Its stunning design saw it pick up the 2013 Housing Industry Association Sunshine Coast Home of the Year.
The two-level home is complete with timber cabinetry, stone bench tops and a built-in marine aquarium.
It comes with its own bar and cafe area with bi-folding doors to overlook the pool, ideal for entertaining.
And it has an oversized, 14m pontoon as part of its 67m water frontage position allowing boat lovers to be in their element.
When aired on Australia's Best Houses, the owners said the cost of the build around the $3.5 million mark.
"Every room has a view, which was the idea to take in all the waterfront," the owners said at the time.
Mr Stewart said for two years Pelican Waters has been a fast growing suburb with homes selling very quickly and for street records.
"The new marina, new canals and the golf resort are making it a pretty attractive suburb," he said.
"Now it is performing strongly and this could be the icing on the cake."
The home is priced on application and, according to Mr Stewart, the owners wish for someone to enjoy the home like they have.
The home's awards:
- 2013 Housing Industry Association - Sunshine Coast - HOME OF THE YEAR
- 2013 Housing Industry Association - Sunshine Coast - Custom Built Home
- 2013 Housing Industry Association - Sunshine Coast - Outdoor Living
- 2013 Housing Industry Association - Sunshine Coast - Best Bathroom
- 2013 Housing Industry Association - Sunshine Coast - Kitchen over $50,000
- 2013 Housing Industry Association - Sunshine Coast - People's Choice Award
- 2013 Housing Industry Association - QLD - Outdoor Living
- 2013 Housing Industry Association - QLD - Best Bathroom
- 2014 Master Builders Association - Sunshine Coast - Quality Workmanship
- 2013 Australia and NZ Wall and Ceiling Industries - QLD - Best Residential Project