Not welcome: Man banned from partying in Airlie, again

A JUBILEE Pocket man has been banned from the Airlie Beach Safe Night Precinct for the second time, less than halfway through his initial ban period.

Bailey Alex Hayward, 22, pleaded guilty to contravening a banning notice and obstructing a police officer, when he faced Proserpine Magistrates Court.

The court heard Hayward was on a three-month ban from the Airlie Beach Safe Night Precinct from May 29 but was seen in the area on July 13 at 2.40am.

Police prosecutor Sergeant Emma Myors told the court that security saw Hayward in the line for Boom Nightclub before he ran off in the direction of the Lagoon Precinct.

Bailey Hayward has been banned for a second time from the Airlie Beach Safe Night Precinct.
Bailey Hayward has been banned for a second time from the Airlie Beach Safe Night Precinct. Facebook

Defence solicitor Ali Ladd said Hayward had been at a house party in Cannonvale and was cab-sharing with some friends on his way home when they all got out at the safe night precinct.

"He wasn't waiting in line to get into the night club ... he was saying goodbye to friends who were in the line," Ms Ladd said.

Magistrate James Morton said it was time for Hayward to learn his lesson and to understand he wasn't welcome in the safe night precinct.

Hayward was fined $700 and issued a 12-month banning notice for the Airlie Beach Safe Night Precinct, banning him from the area until July 28, 2020.



ROLLING COVERAGE: Bundy and Burnett go to the polls

Premium Content ROLLING COVERAGE: Bundy and Burnett go to the polls

With the region’s polling booths now closed, the countdown is on to see who will...

WILD WEATHER: See all the pictures from Qld storms

Premium Content WILD WEATHER: See all the pictures from Qld storms

Large hail has smashed southeast Queensland

QLD election live: How every seat is falling

QLD election live: How every seat is falling

Queensland’s election is set to go down to the wire CHECK OUR INTERACTIVE