Meghan Markle and Prince Harry have made their first appearance since announcing news they were expecting their second child.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex sat down for a surprise appearance at Spotify's virtual Stream On event on Monday, local time, where they promoted their podcast, Archewell Audio.

A pregnant Meghan was wearing a $4400 Oscar de la Renta dress as the pair spoke from their lounge at their Santa Barbara home.

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry made a surprise appearance following their pregnancy news for Spotify’s Stream On event. Picture: Spotify
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry made a surprise appearance following their pregnancy news for Spotify’s Stream On event. Picture: Spotify

"We're using podcasting to drive powerful conversations," Meghan, 39, said.

"We created Archewell Audio to make sure that we can elevate voices that maybe aren't being heard and hear people's stories."

Meghan promoted her and Harry’s podcast, Archewell Audio. Picture: Spotify
Meghan promoted her and Harry’s podcast, Archewell Audio. Picture: Spotify

Prince Harry, 36, added, "And the biggest part of this is to create this community of where you can share, that will encourage everybody else to then share their own vulnerabilities within that safe space."

They appeared during the event alongside other A-listers including Justin Bieber, J Balvin, Brené Brown and Blackpink.

Meghan's blue dress is from high-end designer Oscar de la Renta's latest ready-to-wear collection.

Meghan wore a $4400 Oscar de la Renta dress from its latest ready-to-wear collection. Picture: Spotify
Meghan wore a $4400 Oscar de la Renta dress from its latest ready-to-wear collection. Picture: Spotify

The couple announced a multi-year partnership with the audio streaming service in December rumoured to be worth $52.5 million, following their $198 million Netflix deal.

It comes after their announcement on Valentine's Day that the duchess was pregnant, with royal insiders predicting Meghan is due mid-year.

 

It's certainly been a busy news week for the Sussexes, who have sat down with Oprah Winfrey for their first official interview since leaving the royals in March last year.

The 90-minute long TV special for NBC was filmed this week and is due to air on March 7.

 

It was also revealed at the weekend the pair had informed the Queen they would not be returning to the UK to re-assume royal duties, and would continue their life in the US where they are raising their one-year-old son, Archie.

"The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have confirmed to Her Majesty The Queen that they will not be returning as working members of The Royal Family," the Palace said in a statement.

It said that after conversations with the Duke, the Queen "has written confirming that in stepping away from the work of The Royal Family it is not possible to continue with the responsibilities and duties that come with a life of public service."


Originally published as Meghan's surprise appearance in $4k dress



‘PLAYING WITH FIRE’: Man told drug habit not under control

Premium Content ‘PLAYING WITH FIRE’: Man told drug habit not under control

He appeared in the Bundaberg courthouse after police caught him with meth and drug...

Mayor throws support behind QLD’s Olympic bid

Premium Content Mayor throws support behind QLD’s Olympic bid

Bundaberg Mayor Jack Dempsey has put the Rum City forward as a possible training...

Build best hospital here, not Bundy says Coast councillor

Premium Content Build best hospital here, not Bundy says Coast councillor

Call to press pause on new hospital plans as Fraser Coast booms