Man taken to hospital after battery mishap

A 25-YEAR-OLD man is being treated for gas inhalation following an incident at the Baby Bunting store at Booval.

Police say a forklift battery emitted sulphuric acid at the baby goods store about 2pm this afternoon, causing an adverse reaction for the young man.

The building was evacuated and firefighters called in to conduct atmospheric monitoring.

Meanwhile, paramedics attended to check on the man who inhaled the gas.

He has been taken to Ipswich Hospital with minor gas inhalation.

Firefighters have since made the scene safe and left it with police and Workplace Health and Safety.
 



Charges laid on crime spree accused after dramatic manhunt

premium_icon Charges laid on crime spree accused after dramatic manhunt

He has been mentioned for the first time in court.

Half a million dollars to go to nature themed playground

premium_icon Half a million dollars to go to nature themed playground

Nature-themed playground upgrade for locals

Batt supports government on electricity law change

Batt supports government on electricity law change

Changes to make scheme's solar criteria clearer

Local Partners