Man drives kids in spite of ban

A MAN who drove disqualified to ensure two children were not left waiting by the Bruce Highway faced Bundaberg Magistrates Court yesterday.

Ross Ian Pashley, 61, of Colosseum, near Miriam Vale, pleaded guilty to the driving offence on June 15.

Police Prosecutor Senior Constable Fiona Ward told the court police stopped the man as he drove on the Bruce Highway about 3.35pm.

There were two children, aged 10 and 12, in the Holden Commodore.

When asked, Pashley told police his licence had previously been disqualified for two years.

Defence lawyer Matt Messenger told the court his client had only driven to ensure the children were not left standing by the highway.

“It was about a 5km journey,” Mr Messenger said.

He said another woman usually picked the children up but had called to say she would not make it that day.

“My client only did what he did to ensure these kids weren't left on the highway,” Mr Messenger said.

Magistrate Jennifer Batts fined Pashley $960 and disqualified him from driving for two years.



'Something has to be done' about feral pigs

'Something has to be done' about feral pigs

Landowners are searching for answers to the feral pig problem.

Tobruk correction could take 10 years off shipwreck's life

premium_icon Tobruk correction could take 10 years off shipwreck's life

Correcting ship's position could pose a problem

Local Partners