Man dies after being served detergent instead of wine

A MAN has died after he asked for a glass of white wine in a cafe and was accidentally served dishwasher detergent.

According to local paper El Periódico Mediterraneo, Spanish Police are investigating and the café owner has been arrested.

Andres Lorente, 50, felt a burning sensation after drinking the glass of what he thought was wine on Sunday afternoon at Bar Raconet in the Spanish region of Castellón.

Medical staff rushed to the scene to attempt to resuscitate him.

However, the divorced father of two died from major internal burns in Comarcal de Vinaròs Hospital.

According to Spanish news source The Local Es, the lethal liquid "had been stored in an empty bottle of wine and mistakenly been put in the fridge by a member of staff."



Community hopes to get wheels rolling on upgraded park

Premium Content Community hopes to get wheels rolling on upgraded park

Agnes Water locals have been petitioning for an upgraded skate park facility, so...

Search for man who evaded police

Premium Content Search for man who evaded police

Police are seeking the public’s help to identify the man pictured who they believe...

GREAT DEAL: $5 a month for all the best stories, rewards

Premium Content GREAT DEAL: $5 a month for all the best stories, rewards

Get discount Binge streaming and Kayo live sports access