Man bailed after kill threat

A MAN who allegedly threatened to kill his partner and her daughter during a "violent" domestic disturbance has been allowed bail.

The 41-year-old Innes Park man was arrested on Wednesday when police were called to his home just after 3pm.

"(His partner) said they were having a heated verbal argument when he called her a c**t and a slut," police prosecutor Sergeant Jason Todman told Bundaberg Magistrates Court.

The woman's daughter intervened and told the man to stop abusing her mother, but he allegedly raised his fist, indicating he was going to hit her.

"He threatened to punch her and she cowered away from him and became upset," Sgt Todman said.

When the mother went to protect her daughter, police say the man grabbed a black pipe and threatened to hit her over the head.

Sgt Todman said the man then went into the bedroom, where he punched a cupboard several times before heading outside as the police arrived.

"He went into a fit of rage, yelling and screaming," the prosecutor said.

Sgt Todman said when police went to arrest the man, he told his partner "she should string herself up now, because when he gets out he's going to do it for her".

"His de facto has expressed concerns for her safety and believes he will immediately return home if released," Sgt Todman said.

Sgt Todman said the man was already on bail for two other offences.

Lawyer Edwina Rowan appeared for the defendant and said he disputed the allegations.

Ms Rowan said the victims indicated they would leave the residence as a result of the dispute, but they had already planned to leave prior to the incident.

"My client has been on probation since May 2011 and he indicates he has been complying with that probation wholeheartedly," she said.

"There is quite a lengthy history between him and the primary complainant."

Magistrate Jennifer Batts granted bail on the conditions he not drink alcohol, have no contact with the victims, report to police weekly and live with his sister.

The man stands charged on two counts of common assault and one of public nuisance and will reappear on January 20.

Goondicum mine on track to reopen

Goondicum mine on track to reopen

Goondicum mine is on track to reopen by the end of the year.

'Keith Pitt should say sorry' says aged care advocate

'Keith Pitt should say sorry' says aged care advocate

Organiser denies meeting was a Labor "campaign launch”

BREAKING: $60m-plus worth of illegal tobacco seized in Bundy

BREAKING: $60m-plus worth of illegal tobacco seized in Bundy

Bundaberg farmland used to grow illegal crop

Local Partners