Logan house fire sparked by candles after power cut off

A LARGE family left homeless after fire gutted a Logan home had been using candles to light the dining room because the power was cut off.

Firefighters believe candles sparked the fire that tore through the two-storey home in Mawarra Street, Kingston, while the Naanan family was out for a drive on Monday night.

Electricity retailer AGL has since promised to provide temporary accommodation for the family of eight, with another on the way.

A family member told Logan House Fire Support Network founder Louie Naumovski the power bill was sent to the wrong address.

AGL released a statement saying "all billing information, including payment reminders and disconnection warning notices" was sent to the address provided.

Read more at Brisbane Times



Pub manager assaulted while evicting patrons

premium_icon Pub manager assaulted while evicting patrons

Police are investigating the disturbance

EXCLUSIVE: Bundy council reveals proposed heritage sites

premium_icon EXCLUSIVE: Bundy council reveals proposed heritage sites

Council are seeking to maintain the region's history

Fire comes close to taking home, horses and a life

premium_icon Fire comes close to taking home, horses and a life

Ron Hughes wiped away the tears as he thanked fireys

Local Partners