QUEENSLAND assets, including power transmission companies and the Port of Gladstone, will be leased under the government's Strong Choices plan.
The plan was unanimously supported by the LNP party room this afternoon.
The leases will last 50-years with the option for a 49-year extension if the companies adhere to the government's "strict" conditions.
Premier Campbell Newman said these conditions would include maintenance and jobs.
Mr Newman said the standard tariffs, ensuring regional customers pay the same for electricity as metropolitan customers will remain.
The assets to be leased are:
- The ports of Gladstone and Townsville, including the Mt Isa Rail line.
- Commercial water pipelines of SunWater.
- Electricity generators: Stanwell Corporation and CS Energy.
- Electricity transmitters: Energex, Ergon and Powerlink.
- A number of "non-core business activities" currently run by the corporations.