Man king-hit in drunken brawl

A DRUNKEN brawl in the early hours of Saturday morning left one man unconscious after being king-hit and three others charged with several offences.

Bundaberg Police Sergeant Grant Marcus said the fight began on Bourbong Street about 3.30am outside a takeaway store.

He said several people were involved in the “large” disturbance.

“A male person had been king-hit and knocked unconscious,” Sgt Marcus said.

The 30-year-old received minor facial injuries after he was punched in the head and was treated at the scene by Queensland Ambulance Service paramedics.

The police officer said three other people were arrested following the fight.

A 24-year-old Clontarf woman was charged with a public nuisance offence and obstructing police, an 18-year-old man from Brisbane will face court charged with public nuisance and a Brisbane woman, age 21, was charged with two counts of assaulting police and one obstruct police offence.

Sgt Marcus said that because there had been no complaint lodged about the assault on the man, no one had been charged over the king-hit.

The police officer urged people to think before they act.

“It wasn’t that long ago that a man near there was killed as a result of a fight,” he said.

“These fights affect everyone involved, and their family and friends.

“People need to think before they act and be more tolerant of other people.”

Police also had to break up a fight that started in the MacDonald’s car park in Targo Street at about 2.30am the same morning.

A 19-year-old man was charged with urinating in a public place after the fight ended.



POLICE ROUND-UP: Busy day for officers in Bundy

POLICE ROUND-UP: Busy day for officers in Bundy

Shoulder dislocated in fight, teen charged with stealing plates

Bundy school in mourning after teen dies in asthma tragedy

Bundy school in mourning after teen dies in asthma tragedy

Students in shock following teen's death

Local Partners