Woman finds 'big dirty maggot' in Maccas meal
GLADSTONE woman Georgia McDonald wasn't loving it when, after taking two bites, she found a "big dirty maggot" moving around within her McDonald's chicken aioli wrap on Sunday.
She said the thought of getting that close to having a maggot in her mouth made her physically ill.
"It revolted me to the point that I will never eat at any McDonald's restaurant ever again," she said.
"This is not only a health concern for myself, but also a health concern for the hundreds of patrons eating at this McDonald's store (Kin Kora) on this day or days leading up to this incident."
Local McDonald's licensee Tony Ward said the company was conducting a thorough investigation and had determined the insect was most likely a "fruit grub".
"We are disappointed this has happened," he said.
"We take food quality very seriously and have strict processes and systems in place.
"I have personally spoken with the customer and will continue to keep her informed."
Ms McDonald said finding a "creature" in a meal she was paying for was not acceptable.
"I know McDonald's is not the healthiest option on the market, but when I pay for food from anywhere, I expect that the products used will be fresh, and to a quality which the owner would eat," she said.