Hinkler may miss out on debate

IT is unclear whether Hinkler will see the candidates debate after the candidates from the two major parties said they would only debate if it was organised by a neutral party.

Member for Hinkler and LNP candidate Paul Neville said he would “happily” participate in a debate if it were “genuine” and held on neutral ground.

“I'm not going to be drawn into political stunts like the so-called health debates,” he said.

Earlier in the year Labor Party candidate Belinda McNeven arranged two health debates - one in Hervey Bay and one in Bundaberg - for the two candidates to discuss the issue of health.

Ms McNeven said that during the campaign period she would not be organising any debates but would come if invited to one organised by a neutral party.

“I organised to attend and debate with the two health forums and it was a disappointing experience after what was spent by my campaign for them,” she said.

Miss McNeven and Mr Neville both said they were happy for any debates to include all five candidates on the ballot paper.



Buccaneers-Souths United clash washed out

Buccaneers-Souths United clash washed out

Officials announced the decision early Friday.

WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW: roads, forecast, police warning

WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW: roads, forecast, police warning

More heavy falls could be on the way

Local Partners