Hide valuables, wind up car windows, lock doors say police
WE'RE now into the second week of 2016, and there's still time for community members to make a new year's resolution/intention to keep property safe and secure.
Resolution/intention when leaving your vehicle:
• Remove or hide valuables - check
• Wind up car windows fully - check
• Lock all car doors - check
Since January 1, reported crime for unlawful entry to motor vehicle offences has occurred in the following areas:
• Wearing Road, Bargara - Commercial power tools; personal accessories stolen
• Churchill Street, Childers - Esky stolen
• Bluewater Drive, Elliott Heads - LED Light bar stolen
• Campbell Street, Gin Gin - Number plates stolen
So, please ensure you protect your vehicle and valuables to avoid falling victim to opportunistic thieves.
Remember… Lock it or Lose it.