Thunderstorm warning lifted for Bundaberg
UPDATE: The threat of severe thunderstorms appears to have passed for Bundaberg, according to the latest Bureau of Meteorology update.
EARLIER: Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce damaging winds, heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding and large hailstones in the warning area over the next several hours.
Bundaberg is one of the area listed as potentially at risk of a severe storm, along with other areas including Warwick, Gold Coast, Toowoomba, Brisbane, Dalby, Maroochydore, Gympie, Gladstone, Emerald, Rockhampton, Kingaroy and Stanthorpe.
Emergency Management Queensland advises that people should:
- Move your car under cover or away from trees.
- Secure loose outdoor items.
- Avoid driving, walking or riding through flood waters.
- Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
- Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
- Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
- For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.
The next warning is due to be issued by 2.50pm.
If severe thunderstorms develop in the Southeast Queensland area (east of Dalby from Rainbow Beach to Stanthorpe), a more detailed Severe Thunderstorm Warning will be issued to people in this area.
Warnings are also available through TV and Radio broadcasts, the Bureau's website at www.bom.gov.au or call 1300 659 219.