Girl bitten by snake a day after toddler is struck by taipan

A TEENAGE girl was taken to Bundaberg Hospital after being bitten by a snake at North Bundaberg. 

A spokeswoman for the Queensland Ambulance Service said the girl was taken to hospital in a stable condition around 6.30pm. 

She had been bitten on the hand. 

It was not known what kind of snake caused the bite. 

Just before 4pm Sunday a two-year-old boy was feeding chickens with his mother on a property near Agnes Water when he was bitten by a taipan, Australia's largest venomous snake.



LITTLE LACIE: Girl's mystery illness finally diagnosed

LITTLE LACIE: Girl's mystery illness finally diagnosed

Fight for answers finally over, now treatment begins for Lacie

Bundy Hospital focus: Aged care residents clog emergency

Bundy Hospital focus: Aged care residents clog emergency

Surge in number of residents transported to hospital by ambulance

Big win for Bundy renters: Vacancy rate doubles

Big win for Bundy renters: Vacancy rate doubles

REIQ figures show jump in the three months to end of March

Local Partners