Girl bitten by snake a day after toddler is struck by taipan

A TEENAGE girl was taken to Bundaberg Hospital after being bitten by a snake at North Bundaberg. 

A spokeswoman for the Queensland Ambulance Service said the girl was taken to hospital in a stable condition around 6.30pm. 

She had been bitten on the hand. 

It was not known what kind of snake caused the bite. 

Just before 4pm Sunday a two-year-old boy was feeding chickens with his mother on a property near Agnes Water when he was bitten by a taipan, Australia's largest venomous snake.



IGA REVAMP: New cafe plus exciting trolley feature coming

premium_icon IGA REVAMP: New cafe plus exciting trolley feature coming

Coffee addicts will be spoiled for choice in two weeks time

Reports man bitten by taipan

Reports man bitten by taipan

Crews are assessing a man for a potential taipan bite

Dad breaks glass bottle on bar, smashed it on man's head

premium_icon Dad breaks glass bottle on bar, smashed it on man's head

Bundy father to spend next seven months behind bars

Local Partners