Woman suffers facial burns in gas stove explosion

The Shingle Inn Cafe in the Toowoomba CBD.
The Shingle Inn Cafe in the Toowoomba CBD.

A WOMAN has burns to her face after a gas stove explosion at a Toowoomba CBD cafe.

Emergency services were called to the Shingle Inn about 7.15am to reports of a gas stove explosion.

Queensland Ambulance Service paramedics are treating a female employee for minor burns to her face.

RELATED: Exploding stove shocks emergency service personnel

She is expected to be transported to Toowoomba Hospital.

The Queensland Fire and Emergency Service is on scene.

Workplace health and safety authorities will investigate.

 



Senate committee's cashless card decision is in

premium_icon Senate committee's cashless card decision is in

Report tabled tonight delivers committee recommendation

Suncorp's big plan start with CBD store closure

premium_icon Suncorp's big plan start with CBD store closure

Big bank's central store closure a pathway to bigger plans

Reef resort money ‘used on male prostitute’

premium_icon Reef resort money ‘used on male prostitute’

Accountant's assets frozen after allegedly stealing up to $850,000.

Local Partners