Fun at fundraising treasure trove
THE Bundy Swap Meet is on again and is shaping up to be another great day out.
This annual community event is run by the Rotary Clubs of Bundaberg East and Bargara.
The annual Swap Meet is an opportunity for Rotarians from two clubs to work together to not only provide an entertaining event for the local community, but also to raise funds for local service projects, and projects overseas.
This year, funds raised from the Swap Meet will go towards furnishing a rural patient accommodation house in conjunction with Bundaberg Health Services.
This facility will provide a place for families of hospital patients from rural areas to stay, instead of camping in their cars or driving long distances each day.
In past years, funds raised have gone towards the following groups, the majority of which are in our local community:
- Rotary Readers — helping children in our local schools improve their reading
- Guide Dogs Qld — providing a mobility kit for vision impaired local residents
- Phoenix House — local domestic violence refuge
- PACT (Protect All Children Today) Child Witness Support
- Meals on Wheels
- Bursaries for local TAFE students in the hospitality industry
- Gidarjil Multicultural Festival
- Shelter kits for families in need in earthquake and flood-stricken areas of Asia
- Korando water project in Africa
Swap Meet is a great day out for all the family, with everything from vintage cars to motorcycle clubs, square dancers to pipe bands, and goods of all types. Antiques to mudflaps, porcelain to power tools — you can just about find anything at the swap meet.
With over 200 stalls this year, and sellers coming from places as far away as the Gold Coast, Toowoomba and Rockhampton, the Bundy Swap Meet is getting bigger and better each year.
When and where:
Rotary clubs of Bundaberg East and Bargara Swap Meet and Markets will be held on October 16 at the AgroTrend grounds. Gates open 6am until 4pm.