ROOM FIRE: QFES were called to a fire in Branyan last night.
ROOM FIRE: QFES were called to a fire in Branyan last night.

Fireys called to Branyan room fire

BUNDABERG firefighters were called to a structural fire in Branyan last night.

Crews were called to the scene on Samuels Rd at 7.10pm to a blaze in one of the rooms of the home.

A QFES spokesman said the blaze had been contained by the time crews arrived thanks to the quick thinking of the homeowner.

“They used a hose to douse the flames and had it under control on our arrival,” he said.

“Two firefighters with breathing apparatus went in to make sure the fire was completely extinguished and the damage was limited to the one room.”

It is believed the fire started because of some charging batteries in the room.



Young innovators recognised for project to stop poverty

Premium Content Young innovators recognised for project to stop poverty

The team’s project has gained interest from Red Cross Australia and the World...

TRAGIC: Man, 78, dies following Kepnock crash

Premium Content TRAGIC: Man, 78, dies following Kepnock crash

Emergency crews responded to two separate incidents yesterday.

Qld’s ‘dumbest’ law slammed

Qld’s ‘dumbest’ law slammed

Qld’s ‘dumbest’ trading laws set to cause another round of panic buying