Cory Monteith
Cory Monteith Bang Showbiz

Final coroner's report reveals Cory's actual cause of death

CORY Monteith drank two bottles of champagne before his death.

The late 'Glee' star, who was found dead in his hotel room on July 13 in Vancouver, Canada, may have overdosed on heroin and alcohol because his tolerance was lower than usual following his stint in rehab in April.

According to the final coroner's report on his tragic death, obtained by gossip website TMZ.com, emergency services discovered a "spoon with drug residue and a used hypodermic needle" beside the 31-year-old actor's body along with two empty bottles of champagne.

His official cause of death is listed as "mixed drug toxicity, involving intravenous heroin use combined with the ingestion of alcohol."

The report acknowledges that Cory - who played Finn Hudson in the hit musical series - "had a history of illicit drug use with intermittent periods of rehabilitation and of abstinence from drugs" and suggests that his tolerance for substance abuse could have been lower than usual because he had stopped using drugs following his stint in rehab in April.

The actor's co-stars including his girlfriend Lea Michele, 26, recently filmed a special episode in his memory, which will air on October 10, to help them come to terms with his death.

'Glee' star Jane Lynch recently said: "The episode is equally about him and the Finn Hudson character -- which was an amazing character. He was and always will be remembered."

>>More Celebrity News



Covid fragments detected at local wastewater facility

Premium Content Covid fragments detected at local wastewater facility

Residents in number of suburbs are being encouraged to get tested if they have any...

EXPLAINED: How fireys are using water bomber in Fraser fire

Premium Content EXPLAINED: How fireys are using water bomber in Fraser fire

“We’re going to take every opportunity to slow the spread of the fire,” says QFES...

STAY INFORMED: QFES battling Buxton fire

STAY INFORMED: QFES battling Buxton fire

QFES are at Buxton working to control a bushfire burning towards Barretts Rd.