Film festival to return
THE response by Bundaberg moviegoers to the Sydney Travelling Film Festival almost certainly means a repeat visit next year.
Gail Lake, a spokeswoman for the Sydney Travelling Film festival, said the support from local audiences had been excellent.
“It's going really well; we're very pleased with the numbers,” she said.
The festival finished last night after opening to a big crowd on Friday night.
“There were just under 300 people on opening night on Friday,” Ms Lake said.
“We've really had good crowds all weekend.”
The highlight of the opening night was the presence of the writer and director of opening night film South Solitary, Shirley Barrett.
Ms Barrett mingled with and chatted to the audience after the movie.
Ms Lake said nine films were shown during the weekend of the festival
Apart from Australian offerings, they included films from Germany and Britain and a US documentary.
The film festival operates in 14 venues in NSW, Queensland and the Northern Territory.
The event is Australia's longest running travelling film festival and will visit two more Queensland regional centres in November.
It was founded by film critic David Stratton in 1974, and is designed to be a showcase of Australian and international features, documentaries and short films screening in areas which have limited theatrical screening opportunities.