Inspiration is key to cheap family fun in Bundy
FINDING something inexpensive and fun for the whole family to enjoy can sometimes be a struggle, but according to one Bundaberg mother, all it takes is a bit of inspiration.
Wide Bay Kids community partnership manager Angela Stedman said getting the whole family involved in planning a family day could create endless opportunities.
"It's hard to keep everyone happy, especially when you have multiple children of varying ages. Ask everyone to have input in planning a family day out and take turns in visiting places," she said.
Ms Stedman said Bundaberg has an array of beautiful places to visit all year round.
"Be a tourist in your town," she said.
"Head to one of our coastal communities like Moore Park, Burnett Heads or Woodgate."
"Take a trip the Botanical Gardens on a Sunday and ride the steam train, feed the ducks in the pond and take a walk around the gardens. "
Ms Stedman said taking a drive out to surrounding areas could make for a great day.
"Try Snakes Downunder in Childers. It is only 30 minutes from Bundaberg and has experiences and activities on throughout the day," she said
"Kids can learn about our native animals while having fun!"
If transport is a problem, Ms Stedman said some physical activity or public transport could add to the experience.
"Think about car pooling, walking, riding or taking a bus ride somewhere," she said.
Ms Stedman said there were plenty of ways to enjoy family time on a budget and all it takes is a bit of planning and preparation.
"Ask the children to research online where to go and what is value for money," she said.
"Set a budget and stick to it. Other tips include taking your own snacks and asking older children to use their own money when paying for special activities."
Ms Stedman is a mother of two and knows how hard it can be to keep the whole family entertained.
Her website Wide Bay Kids is jam packed with information, events, activities, services and businesses and the region that will give you inspiration for your next family day out.
Things to do:
- Play board games outdoors. Head to your local park for a change in scenery.
- Bundaberg Regional Libraries and Art Galleries are great places to chill out.
- Head to the skating rink or skate park.
- Take your bikes to the BMX track at Boreham Park. This is a great local park catering to children of all ages.
- Visit Ymazing Indoor Play Centre
- Meet friends for a day in the park with a picnic. Organise a game of cricket or football.
- Go for a bike ride, bush walk or explore the rock pools on the beach at low tide.
- Moncrieff Theatre has $8 movies!
- Visit Bundy Bowl
- Book in for a Bunnings DIY Kids Workshop
- Go for a swim in one of our local swimming pools
Organize a party in the park with friends. Kids just love to party.