HOUSE FIRE: Emergency services quickly put out a fire that took hold in an Adams Street address. Photo: Max Fleet / NewsMail
HOUSE FIRE: Emergency services quickly put out a fire that took hold in an Adams Street address. Photo: Max Fleet / NewsMail Max Fleet

Emergency services quick response to house fire

EMERGENCY crews attended the scene of a house fire in Adams St yesterday which initial investigations suggest was started from a cigarette accidentally being flicked into a pile of leaf litter.

Queensland Fire and Rescue station officer Trevor Duncan said officers responded to the call shortly after noon after a passer-by noticed smoke billowing from the back of the house.

"One person sleeping inside the house was woken by smoke alarms but was outside before we arrived," he said.

Mr Duncan said officers were able to put out the fire which caused minimal smoke and water damage but no structural damage to the rear of the home.



14 THINGS TO DO: No weekend plans? Check out our list

Premium Content 14 THINGS TO DO: No weekend plans? Check out our list

While a shower or two is set to hit the coast this weekend, there is still plenty...

No new Qld cases as Europe wave soars

Premium Content No new Qld cases as Europe wave soars

Qld records no new COVID cases as Europe’s second wave worsens

Labor accused of giving voters’ private details to unions

Premium Content Labor accused of giving voters’ private details to unions

Personal details of a number of people has allegedly been shared