Readers share their memories of Xanadu
Following a story in the NewsMail about band Xanadu, many came forward to say they had memories of the band.
One local, Maria Goobanko, remembered one of the members from her school days.
"Wayne Anderson was in my class at high school," she said.
"We used to go to the Federal Hotel on a Saturday night, they were the band and always finished the night singing Runnng Bear - loved them".
Steve McLean said he remembered them too.
"Oh I remember. Was only a young fella but can still remember them," he said.
Darlene Dobson said she loved reading their story of their time during the Vietnam war.
"There was a book published called My Rock n Roll War all about them, it was a good read," she said.
What others said:
- I think I can remember after all it was the '60s & '70s, LOL.
- Oh wow, I remember them so well! Had forgotten all about them though.
- I have photos of them from when they came to my school.
- I have had the pleasure of knowing Don Morrison a few years, such a great talented man.
- I am a bit young but were they the band who played for fundraisers (at the Rowers possibly) to build the now YMCA? Deltoid Disco is in my head.
Do you think Xanadu should have a park or street named after them?
This poll ended on 25 August 2014.
Yes, a street should be named after them.
Yes, a park should be named after them.
This is not a scientific poll. The results reflect only the opinions of those who chose to participate.