Dangerous situation has dad parking mad
Roger Dewar said people going to football parked on the footpath and double parked around the area.
Mr Dewar said there was a drop-off point at the gate in Ritchie St but it wasn't policed by anyone.
"They haven't been out there for a couple of years," he said.
Mr Dewar said he was afraid Bundaberg Regional Council would do nothing about the situation until someone was killed or hurt.
"On Saturdays the parking situation is horrendous. People park on the footpaths and in the drop-off point."
Mr Dewar said the situation was particularly bad on Saturday mornings from about 10 onwards.
"I think in 17 years they could have done something," he said.
Mr Dewar said it was important to get something done about the situation because the use of the ground by football players and spectators was only going to get busier.
"They really need to look at doing something before somebody gets killed," he said.
"Some kids are going to get hurt. I'd hate anything to happen."
Bundaberg Mayor Mal Forman said the council had been actively improving the parking situation around Martens Oval by undertaking a variety of works which included the sealing of road verges along Horton St and Black St South enabling line marking and maximising parking bays, installation of a drop off and pick up zone at the Miller St entrance and the Ritchie St entrance and the increase of "No Standing" areas at the Black St South and Ritchie St intersection through both signage and line marking.
He said the council had been working with Bundaberg Football to have an internal car park constructed at the southern end of Miller St which would accommodate 15 vehicles.
"We've also had discussions with Bundaberg Football regarding extensions to the internal car park which could be achieved through grants that the club has to apply for," he said. "This would have the potential to accommodate 100 vehicles."
Cr Forman said at this stage the council had not planned further upgrades.