Dad's wedding day pun named Best Dad Joke
What's your best dad joke, or the best one you've heard?
NSW father Peter Stafford's pun has been named the best dad joke in Australia after a nationwide search.
The joke was entered by his daughter, Carlie White in Beresfield, and took place on her wedding day.
"On my wedding day, my dad came up to me and said 'Your wedding is beautiful, even the cake is in tiers," she said.
Carlie says her dad is always telling bad jokes, and suspects now that his spontaneous wedding day pun has been named a nationwide winner, he might get worse.
"I might have created a dad jokes monster, but in his defence, he always makes us giggle," Carlie said.
The Search for Australia's Best Dad Jokes was launched by online gourmet food retailer TheGourmet.com.au and Take 5 magazine.
The winning dad joke will be prized with gourmet food from TheGourmet.com.au, a Gasmate Specialist Deluxe Series II 4 Burner BBQ and a copy of Dan Churchill's new cook book Dude Food.
"We liked the joke because it was done impromptu, which is a sign of true dad jokester," said James Stewart, CEO of TheGourmet.com.au.
"As he told the joke on his daughter's wedding day, it is a dad joke that will live on forever," added cook Dan Churchill, the celebrity guest judge.
"It was difficult to pick a winner from all the entries, but it was probably the most fun I've had judging a competition," said Paul Merrill, editor of Take 5."
Five runners-up have been named in the nationwide competition - which received hundreds of entries - and will receive gourmet food from TheGourmet.com.au as well as copy of Dude Food.
The runner up jokes are:
• Q: What did the male lamb say to the lady lamb? A: Nice rack. submitted by Tracey in VIC
• I asked my dad for his best dad joke and he said, 'You'. Sarah in QLD.
• Q: What do you call a pig that does karate? A: A pork chop. Submitted by Penny in NSW.
• How much does a Hipster dad weigh? An Instagram. Submitted by Lori in NSW.
• Last Christmas, we bought a fake Christmas tree, and the guy behind the counter asked 'Are you going to put it up yourself?' My dad replied, 'Don't be disgusting. I'm going to put it up in the living room.' Submitted by Amanda in NSW