Crews remain on scene of large bushfire at Bucca
As at 8am a large bushfire is burning near Jones Rd and Monduran Rd, Bucca, west of Bundaberg.
Four fire crews are working to strengthen containment lines surrounding the blaze, which broke out on Friday.
There is no threat to homes at this time, though a large smoke haze is continuing to affect surrounding areas.
MULTIPLE Queensland Fire and Emergency Services (QFES) crews will remain at the scene of a large bushfire burning near Mount Bucca Rd and Jones North Rd, Bucca throughout the day.
Fire crews are working to strengthen containment lines and monitor the fire, which broke out about 5pm Friday, 18 September.
There is no threat to property at this time.
Residents should consider taking precautionary measures including:
- Putting on protective clothing;
- Drinking lots of water;
- Moving car/s to a safe location;
- Closing windows and doors and shutting blinds;
- Bringing pets inside, restraining them (leash, cage or secure room) and providing water;
- Wetting down fine fuels close to buildings;
- Removing garden furniture, doormats and other items;
- Sealing all gaps under doors and screens;
- Filling containers with water - eg bath, sinks, buckets, wheelie bins;
- Having ladders ready for roof space access (inside) and against roof (outside);
- Having a generator or petrol powered pump ready; and
- Checking and patrolling outside for embers, extinguishing any spot fires and seeking shelter as the fire front arrives.
Residents are advised to call 000 if they believe their property comes under threat.