Dead rat may have caused Bilo kitchen fire

UPDATE (2.51PM): A QAS spokeswoman said no patients required transport to Biloela Hospital and no fire was reported at the residence. 

A QFES spokesman said there were unconfirmed reports the smoke may have been caused by a rat that was caught in the appliance. 

ORIGINAL (2.35PM): FIRE and emergency services are currently on scene at a kitchen fire in Biloela.

Crews were called to Biloela-Callide Road about 2.30pm.

It is believed the fire was caused by smoke coming from a kitchen stove.

More to come.



Man fires arrows, cops find poison, drugs and explosive ammo

Premium Content Man fires arrows, cops find poison, drugs and explosive ammo

Bundaberg man tells police liquid nioctine was for his baby as they uncover a bevy...

Man allegedly threatened to saw off ‘rival dealer’s’ legs

Premium Content Man allegedly threatened to saw off ‘rival dealer’s’ legs

The man, along with a co-accused, allegedly held a chainsaw over the alleged...

Glitterally cool: New business to drop first collection

Premium Content Glitterally cool: New business to drop first collection

A Bundy mum-of-two has started a side hustle and said knowing someone will love her...