EMERGENCY services were called to a Glenvale home after reports that a child had started a fire in a bedroom cupboard. 

A Queensland Fire and Emergency Services spokeswoman said the crews arrived at the Balonne Rd address about 8pm. 

"The fire was extinguished upon arrival," she said. 

"We ventilated the area and made the scene safe."  

Paramedics transported a 49-year-old man to the Toowoomba Hospital with minor burns on his hand. 

They also treated five people for smoke inhalation. 



Anniversary champagne run ends in date with court

Premium Content Anniversary champagne run ends in date with court

THE defendant admits he previously had issues with alcohol, but sought counselling...

VOTE NOW: Which Bundy cafe makes your favourite coffee?

Premium Content VOTE NOW: Which Bundy cafe makes your favourite coffee?

Where does your favourite cup of coffee come from?

Animal cruelty fears in spate of marine deaths

Premium Content Animal cruelty fears in spate of marine deaths

Call for investigation into five suspicious dugong deaths