Celebration of Music in Education gala concert on Monday
Four hundred students from Bundaberg and district schoosl will descend on the Moncrieff Theatre tomorrow morning for the Celebration of Music in Education gala concert.
The annual event is held during Crush celebrations and is an exciting opportunity for students to perform, some for first time, in public.
Coordinators Sharlene Peterson and Tony Meerman said the concert was a golden opportunity for students to showcase their musical skills on stage before the public.
Schools taking part in the concert include: Kalkie State School, Kolan South State School, Walkervale State School, Branyan State School, Woongarra State School, Avoca State School, Central State School, Bundaberg North State School, Moore Park State School, Gooburrum State School, Bargara State School and Norville State School.
Groups also performing at the concert include:
- The Kalkie Drumband
- Kalkie Dance Duo
- Avoca Dance Troupe
- Mass Choir 1 representing five schools consisting of 145 students
- Kalkie School Recorder Band
- Mass Choir 2 representing six schools and consisting of 175 students
- The Walkervale State School Dance Troupe
- Norville Voices who won a 'Gold' award in the 2015 Bundaberg and District Choral Fest biennial event.
Celebration of Music in Education
When: Monday, October 12 from 10am - noon
Where: Moncrieff Theatre
Entry: Gold coin donation.
Check out these photos from last year's concert: