FILE PHOTO
FILE PHOTO

Builder with 23 Toowoomba sites has licence suspended

A CONSTRUCTION company responsible for 23 building sites across Toowoomba is appealing against the Queensland Building and Construction Commission's decision to suspend its licence.

The QBCC suspended the licence of Southport-based My Home Builders Qld Pty Ltd and the licence of its sole director Nikola Grulovic last month.

The regulator said in a statement the licences were suspended after the building company claimed progress payments for work not yet completed.

The company lodged an appeal in late November.

Lawyer for My Home Builders Qld Rod Johanson, of Johanson Lawyers, said an interim decision was expected by Friday.

A QBCC spokesman said the organisation was aware of 23 properties in the Toowoomba area that are contracted to My Home Builders Qld, including 19 at Sanctuary Rise on the city's north-western edge, and four in Drayton.

Work on the sites is at a standstill after the company's licence was suspended.

Workplace Health and Safety Queensland also confirmed it had issued five notices on three occasions for matters including inadequate housekeeping and site security access at the company's Sanctuary Rise works.

"These notices have either been complied with or are currently being monitored by WHSQ for compliance by their due date," the spokeswoman said.

Mr Johanson said WHSQ was working with QBCC so the company could gain access to their worksites and rectify the issues identified.

 

Digi subs The Chronicle
Digi subs The Chronicle Contributed


Local hairdresser wins national competition

premium_icon Local hairdresser wins national competition

Niki Newport's passion for colour gains Australian recognition

UPDATE: Sixteen fire crews work to contain Fairymead blaze

UPDATE: Sixteen fire crews work to contain Fairymead blaze

A fast-moving bushfire is burning in Fairymead

UPDATED: 40 firefighters battle Rosedale fire

UPDATED: 40 firefighters battle Rosedale fire

One shed has sustained damage.

Local Partners